Sunday, January 25, 2009

Getting IN Touch Through Social Networking.

Getting in touch with living relatives isn't always easy. My Riveras' come from Puerto Rico. My Mom use to write to them, and I would pass questions about the family
through her. It was a slow process. Recently, I reluctantly started participating on Facebook at the prodding of my sister.
I decided to Google my cousin, once removed. I had heard she was studying to be A Doctor and thought it would be an easy way to find them. It turned out that she had a page on Facebook. I am now directly in touch with my Cousin, his wife and their kids.
We have shared pictures and family information.
If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend social networking. Facebook is probably one of the most famous sites. You can sign up at: http://www.facebook.com

No comments: